Tuesday 20 June 2017

Ballad of a Broken Girl (My Work)

I'm hanging suspended in vacuum, slowly fading away
I need someone to be my anchor, to pull me back the right way
It feels like I'm drowning in an ocean of nothingness
As I've lost all hope and happiness
My lungs burn with a thirst to live
But my brain says it's time to give
And my limbs have gone paralyzed
It's been long since I'd realized
Amidst all this chaos I'm trying to stay afloat
But I don't seem to find my bearings or any boat
Am trying to find some color in the empty greys
Although all I discover are abandoned bays
Am willing to find the meaning of life through infinite death
But I find it hard to take another breath
Making slow progress only to be pushed back down
Now getting up seems hectic from the ground
Tripping on each step, falling face first unto asphalt
And I find no one willing to halt
Feels like walking on lava, rolling on gravel
Even with high doses of Elavil
Success seems so far away
When the will to live starts to fade away
Memories are the only thing that keep me stable
But I don't think they're much capable
Comfort and confidence are lost sisters
When everyone seem to miss all my gestures
With each move my bones creak
Looks like I've reached my peak
Here's my reason to lie in my grave
Because complete silence is what I crave
Let me escape my dreadful thoughts
Before they make me any more distraught
I want to have a peaceful eternal sleep
Under the soft roseberry bushes, buried deep.

                                                     ~~Riya

2 comments:

  1. Riya this is beautiful. And if you need to talk, I'm here, ok? Love you dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing. U r never alone. Broken crayons still color the same love

    ReplyDelete

Spirit (My Work)

Something's got my spirit on lockdown Do I set the demon free Or trap it in and continue to scream No one seems to hear me anyway...